Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Wings
with Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
Avoid Buffalo burnout and bake up a batch of these bacon-wrapped chicken wings
for your next get-together. The homemade barbecue sauce, made with pantry staples
and a generous pour of bourbon, gives them a special finish.
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 3 pounds chicken wingettes and drumettes
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half crosswise
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with sides with heavy-duty
foil; spray with cooking spray.
- Chicken: Sprinkle pepper over chicken. Wrap each chicken piece with a half slice
- Place bacon-wrapped chicken pieces on cookie sheets, bacon end down.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes; turn chicken; rotate cookie sheets in oven.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes longer or until golden brown and juice of chicken
is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (at least 165 degrees F). Meanwhile, make Bourbon Sauce.
- Bourbon Sauce: In 1-quart saucepan, mix ingredients; heat to simmering
over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; set aside.
- In large bowl, toss chicken with half of the sauce.
- Serve warm with remaining sauce on the side for dipping.
Prep Time 20 min | Total Time 1 hr 10 min | Servings 12
Purchase already cut chicken wings in the meat or frozen foods section. They're
sometimes called chicken drummies or wingettes and drummettes. You can use just
the drummettes if you prefer.
Nutrition Information: Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 190 ( Calories from Fat
100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g ), Cholesterol 45mg Sodium
490mg Total Carbohydrate 8g (Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 7g ), Protein 14g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 4%
Exchanges:0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk;
0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 0 Fat; Carbohydrate
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Wing Recipes