Beaujolais-Glazed Chicken Wings
- 3 pounds chicken wings, tips removed
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons Beaujolais or other red wine
- 3 cloves garlic, mashed
- 2 tablespoons ginger root, chopped
- 6 tablespoons red currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, thin julienne, for garnish
- After removing tips, cut wings at joint into 2 pieces.
- Place split wings in a large shallow non-aluminum pan.
- Mix soy sauce, orange juice, red wine, garlic and ginger root together and
pour over the wings.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight, turning several times
in the marinade.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking pan with foil. Coat a cooking
rack with vegetable cooking spray and place rack in baking pan.
- Drain chicken and arrange on rack.
- Roast for 45 minutes, turning wings once.
- Remove from oven, but do not turn off the oven.
- Combine jelly, 2 tablespoons red wine and grated orange peel in small pan
over medium heat. Stir until jelly is melted.
- Brush wings generously with the glaze and return to oven for 10 minutes.
- Turn and brush again with glaze. Bake another 10 minutes, or until a rich
dark brown and shiny.
- Remove and cool 5 minutes. Can be baked up to a day ahead and reheated.
- Arrange in overlapping rows.
- Sprinkle with julienned zest.
- Serve warm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Wing Recipes