Berry Baja Buffalo Wings
Yield: 8 appetizer servings
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Lawry's Baja Chipotle Marinade, divided
- 4 pounds chicken drumettes
- 1/2 cup seedless strawberry, raspberry or blackberry jam
- 1/2 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Pepper
- In zip-type bag, combine 1 cup Marinade and chicken. Marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Remove chicken from bag; discard used marinade.
- Grill chicken for about 20 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked, turning frequently and brushing with reserved Marinade.
- Place chicken in large bowl.
- In small saucepan, warm jam and Seasoned Pepper until jam melts. Pour over chicken and toss.
- To Bake: Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a 15 x 10 x 1-inch jellyroll pan with foil for easy cleanup.
- Marinate chicken as above; discarding used marinade.
- Place chicken in pan; bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked; turning chicken halfway through baking and brushing heavily with reserved Marinade.
- Combine jam and Seasoned Pepper in small pan over medium heat. Stir until jam is melted.
- Toss chicken with melted jam and Seasoned Pepper.
As seen on San Antonio Living 04/8/05