Best Buffalo Wings
- 5 pounds chicken wings and drumettes (20 to 25 pieces)
- 4 tablespoons kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons Sriracha (Asian hot chili) sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 cups canola oil
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl, then sprinkle with the salt. Toss to
- Transfer the chicken pieces to a baking sheet, arranging them in a single
layer. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 12 hours.
- When ready to cook, remove the chicken pieces from refrigerator and pat
completely dry with paper towels, brushing away any salt. Let the chicken sit
at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the Sriracha sauce, honey, butter,
soy sauce and cilantro. Taste to check the heat level. If the sauce is too spicy,
add more honey. Set aside.
- Place the oil in a large Dutch oven fitted with a thermometer. Heat over
medium until the oil is 275 degrees F.
- Divide the chicken into 4 batches. One batch at a time, fry for 8 minutes,
transferring each to a clean plate or baking sheet when done.
- When all the chicken is done, increase the heat to medium-high and heat
oil to 375 degrees F.
- Again working in batches, fry the chicken for 2 minutes, then transfer to
a baking sheet lined with paper towels. The skin should be brown and crunchy
and the meat should pull away from the bones with just a bit of resistance.
- As each batch is transferred to the baking sheet, season it with salt and
- Transfer the chicken to a large bowl, then pour the chili sauce over it.
Toss to thoroughly coat all the wings, then transfer to a serving platter.
Serves 5 to 6
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Wing Recipes