Coffee Liqueur Wings
Wings can be prepared a day ahead and can be reheated in the oven.
- 1 ounce butter
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 drops hot sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup coffee liqueur
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 20 chicken wings
- In a 2-quart saucepan melt butter; sauté garlic and onion over medium heat
for 3 minutes.
- Add cumin and chili powder and cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Blend in coffee liqueur and cook to reduce liquid by one-half.
- Stir in hot sauce, Worcestershire, barbecue sauce and salt. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add honey. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Prepare chicken wings by removing and discarding the tips. Divide the wings
in half at the remaining joint.
- Marinate the wings in the cooked sauce for 1 hour at room temperature, or overnight in the refrigerator.
- To cook, place the marinated wings on a broiler pan, sprinkle with salt
and pepper and broil 5 minutes, turn and brush with the remaining sauce and bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.