- Oil (for deep-fat frying)
- 1 (4 pound) package frozen separated chicken wings, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce
Blue Cheese Garlic Dip
- 1 (12 ounce) jar refrigerated blue cheese dressing
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can tiny shrimp, rinsed and chopped
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Wings: In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 350 degrees
- Fry chicken wings, a few at a time, for 10 to 12 minutes or until the juices
- Drain on paper towels.
- Combine tomato sauce, butter and hot pepper sauce in a large bowl; add wings
and toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Remove wings from sauce.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Place wings in a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Uncover and bake 5 minutes longer. Baste wings with pan drippings; serve
- If desired, serve with Blue Cheese Garlic Dip.
- Blue Cheese Garlic Dip: In a bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with Creole-Cajun Wings, vegetables or crackers.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.