- Oil (for deep-fat frying)
- 1 (4 pound) package frozen separated chicken wings, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce
Blue Cheese Garlic Dip
- 1 (12 ounce) jar refrigerated blue cheese dressing
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can tiny shrimp, rinsed and chopped
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Wings: In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 350 degrees
- Fry chicken wings, a few at a time, for 10 to 12 minutes or until the juices
- Drain on paper towels.
- Combine tomato sauce, butter and hot pepper sauce in a large bowl; add wings
and toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Remove wings from sauce.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Place wings in a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Uncover and bake 5 minutes longer. Baste wings with pan drippings; serve
- If desired, serve with Blue Cheese Garlic Dip.
- Blue Cheese Garlic Dip: In a bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Cover
and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with Creole-Cajun Wings, vegetables or crackers.