(Traditional Korean Roast Beef)
- 1 (1 1/2 pound) rib eye beef, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 5 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 3 kiwi fruit, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- In a large deep skillet over medium heat, sauté garlic in sesame
oil for a few minutes and add the thin slices of beef, browning
- Combine soy sauce and sugar in a mixing bowl, stirring to slightly
dissolve the sugar. Add to the skillet and continue to cook.
- Reduce heat slightly and add sliced onions, carrots, mushrooms,
green pepper and kiwi fruit; continue to cook, stirring occasionally.
Cover and continue to cook to desired degree of doneness.
- Just prior to serving, add sesame seeds and serve.
This is best served with plain rice.