Chinese Black Pepper Steak
- 750g eye fillet (in one piece)
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh
- 1 tablespoon dark soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns,
- Partially freeze steak. Cut into thin slices.
- Combine steak, onions, sesame oil, sherry, sugar, ginger and soya sauce in bowl.
Cover, marinate several hours or refrigerate overnight.
- Stir peppercorns through steak mixture. Stir-fry steak and onions in a wok over
high heat until steak is cooked to your liking.
Yield: 4 servings
Submitted to Recipe Goldmine from the kitchen of Leslie.