- 1/2 pound Chinese pea pods
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Snap ends from pea pods and remove strings.
- Heat oil in skillet. Add peas, water chestnuts
and stock. Cover and cook over high heat 3 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water. Push vegetables to
one side and add cornstarch mixture to liquid. Cook, stirring,
until slightly thickened.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Serve with soy sauce, if desired.