- 4 tablespoons soy sauce, (usual/dark/light)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter/black bean paste
- 1 tablespoon honey/molasses/white
or dark sugar
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic
- 2 teaspoons sesame seed oil
- 20 drops Chinese-style
hot sauce, habanero, jalapeno
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Simply mix together.
At first it does not appear like it will mix, but keep at it just
a bit longer and you have Hoisin. Letting it rest does not appear
to improve the taste.
Now you have control of the taste. Lighter for chicken and pork,
stronger for beef and game. Sweeter for Dim Sum.
recipe is presumably the black bean paste. I presume they are the
same as Mexican/Spanish black beans.
Different types of soy,
molasses, some of the oil being hot pepper oil, other styles of
pepper sauce. All kinds of variations. However, with light soy and
honey, the taste of peanut dominates.
Yield: 1 serving