Jade Green Broccoli
The beauty of this recipe lies in its simplicity. This makes some of the most delicious, bright green broccoli you will ever eat.
- 2 pounds (1 bunch) broccoli
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water or vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- Clean and peel broccoli. Cut stems on a 1/8 inch slant. Mix cornstarch, soy sauce and chicken stock or water. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or cast iron pan until it is very hot and dry. Add oil, then salt. Turn heat to medium and add garlic. When golden brown, turn heat up and add broccoli. Stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add sherry and cover the pan quickly. Cook, covered, for 2 minutes.
- Add cornstarch mixture and stir until thickened.