Korean Barbecued Beef (Bulkokee)
- 1 pound beef boneless top loin or sirloin steak
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame or vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Trim fat from beef; cut beef diagonally across grain into 1/8-inch
- Mix remaining ingredients; stir in beef until well coated.
Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain beef; stir-fry in 10-inch
skillet or wok over medium heat until light brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve beef with hot cooked rice.
Yields 4 servings