Stir-Fried Beef and Broccoli
with Oyster Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds beef sirloin tip, thinly sliced
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup rice wine
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 5-6 cups small broccoli florets, about 3/4 pound
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Place beef slices in a large food storage bag.
- Whisk together the
egg white, rice wine, 2 teaspoons of the soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of
the cornstarch and baking soda in a small bowl; pour over beef.
Seal; turn bag to coat beef with marinade. Refrigerate 1-3 hours.
- Heat a large saucepan of water to a boil; add broccoli. Cook 30
seconds; drain. Set aside.
- Mix remaining teaspoon cornstarch, 1/2
cup water, oyster sauce, remaining 2 teaspoons of soy sauce, sugar
and pepper to taste in a bowl; set aside.
- Heat wok over high heat. Add oil; heat until very hot. Add beef
in batches; stir-fry until meat is lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
Remove with slotted spoon to bowl.
- Discard all but 2 teaspoons of the oil; heat oil over medium-high
heat. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, until garlic softens, about 30
seconds. Stir in the water-oyster sauce mixture. Add to wok, heat
to a boil; cook 1 minute. Stir beef and broccoli back into wok.
Cook to heat through, about 1 minute.
per serving: 317 calories; 38 percent
of calories from fat; 13 grams fat; 3 grams saturated fat; 73 mg.
cholesterol; 9 grams carbohydrates; 40 grams protein; 635 mg. sodium;
3 grams fiber
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.