French Canadian Meat Pie
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 grated raw potato
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- Pastry for a two-crust, 9-inch pie
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a skillet, sauté onion in oil until soft.
- Add the meats, potato
and a little water and simmer until the meat is lightly browned
and onions and potatoes are soft.
- Stir in allspice and salt and
pepper to taste.
- Fill pastry-lined pie dish with the mixture and
cover with top crust. Slash the top crust in three or four places
to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375
degrees F and bake for another 40 minutes, or until crust is lightly
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help maintain Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.