This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
French Canadian Sugar Pie
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- Pinch of salt
- 2 unbaked 8-inch pie crusts
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix butter and brown sugar.
- Add egg.
- Sift flour with salt and add to the sugar mixture, stirring to incorporate thoroughly.
- Add milk. Mix until smooth.
- Pour into bottom crust and set top crust in place, crimping edges and cutting
a 1/2-inch hole in middle of top crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until set.
- Remove and allow to completely cool on wire rack.
Servings: 4 to 6