- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- Seedless jelly or jam (preferably currant or raspberry)
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or in a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream
together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Beat in the
egg yolks, then the vanilla extract.
- Slowly beat in the flour until combined and smooth
to form the dough (the dough will be a bit stiff at the end, and you may need to
add the last cup of flour by hand).
- Form the dough into small balls and make a depression in the middle with your
- Spoon a teaspoon or so of jelly in the depression.
- Space the cookies about
2 inches apart on a baking sheet and bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
About 5 dozen cookies
Each of 5 dozen cookies: 105 calories; 1 gram protein; 14 grams carbohydrates;
0 fiber; 5 grams fat; 3 grams saturated fat; 19 mg cholesterol; 7 grams sugar; 3