Banoffee Pie (England)
Banoffi Pie was invented in 1971 at the Hungry Monk Inn in Jevington near Eastbourne!
- 1 1/2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Mix Graham cracker crumbs, sugar, melted butter or margarine, and ginger until
- Press mixture into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Cool in refrigerator.
- Use one of the following three methods to prepare the toffee.
- Pour toffee into pie crust. Allow to cool.
- Slice bananas over toffee.
- Whip the cream stiff, then spoon it on top of bananas. Refrigerate before serving.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk into 9-inch pie plate. Cover with
aluminum foil; place in larger shallow pan. Fill larger pan with hot water. Bake
at 425 degrees F for 1 hour or until thick and caramel-colored. Beat until smooth.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk into top of double boiler;
place over boiling water. Simmer over low heat for 1 to 1/2 hours or until thick
and caramel-colored, stirring occasionally. Beat until smooth.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk into a 2-quart glass measuring
cup. Cook on 50% power (medium) 4 minutes, stirring briskly every 2 minutes until
smooth. Cook on 30% power (medium-low) 20 to 25 minutes or until very thick and
caramel-colored, stirring briskly every 4 minutes during the first 16 minutes and
every 2 minutes during the last 4 to 10 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Great Britain Recipes