Barley with Mushrooms (Scotland)
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup barley
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cook and stir mushrooms and onions in butter 5 minutes; place in ungreased 1
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees F, stirring once, until barley is tender, about 1 1/4 hours.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Great Britain Recipes