Bread and Butter Pudding
- Butter for greasing
- 5 slices white bread, crusts removed, thinly spread with butter
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 pieces lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 medium eggs (at room temperature)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 8 ounces heavy cream, lightly whipped
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Thoroughly grease a 6-cup round ovenproof soufflé dish.
- Lay a slice of buttered
bread, butter side up, in the base of the dish, sprinkle on a few of the raisins,
and repeat until bread and raisins are used up, reserving enough raisins to sprinkle
on the top.
- Slide the 2 pieces of lemon rind down into the dish on opposite sides
from each other.
- Place the granulated sugar in a mixing bowl, break in the eggs, and
beat for 1 minute with a balloon whisk or electric hand mixer.
- Add milk and mix
well. Pour over the bread and push the bread down so that it gets soaked, then sprinkle
the brown sugar on top.
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F and after 5 minutes of preheating, place the pudding
- Bake for 30 minutes until the dessert has risen well and the top is crusty
and golden brown.
- Serve immediately with whipped cream.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Great Britain Recipes