Bubble and Squeak
Bubble and Squeak is a traditional English dish made with the leftover vegetables from a dinner. Carrots, peas, Brussels sprouts, or any other leftover vegetables may be added. It bubbles and squeaks as it is cooking!
- 3 large unpeeled, potatoes, boiled
- 4 cups cabbage, chopped, parboiled and drained well
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 slices bacon, cut up and fried
- Chop cooked, unpeeled potatoes.
- In large skillet, fry bacon; drain on paper towel.
- Add onion and sauté until golden brown.
- Add chopped, cooked cabbage and chopped, cooked potatoes.
- Sprinkle bacon bits over top surface.
- Allow potatoes to become golden brown on bottom over medium heat,
about 20 minutes or less.
- Invert skillet over large serving plate.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Photo credit: (c) Can Stock Photo / fanfo