This is good for a cold buffet.
- 8 half chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) jar apricot puree (baby food)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 heaping teaspoon tomato puree
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- Little salt, pepper and sugar
- 1 or 2 slices lemon
- 1 squeeze lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream, lightly whipped
- Cook chicken breasts in seasoned water until done.
- Drain, cool and cut meat into bite-size pieces.
- Mix mayonnaise and apricot puree and set aside.
- Heat oil and sauté onion for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add curry powder and cook 2 minutes more.
- Add tomato puree, wine, water and bay leaf. Bring to a boil and add salt,
pepper, sugar, lemon and lemon juice. Simmer uncovered 5 to 10 minutes.
- Strain and cool; then add slowly to the mayonnaise mixture.
- Add cream.
- Serve cold over the chicken bits.
Serves 8 to 10.