Creamy Stilton Soup
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled Stilton cheese
- Snipped parsley
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cook onion, carrot and bay leaf in butter in 3-quart saucepan until onion and
carrot are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and white pepper. Cook over low
heat, stirring constantly until smooth and bubbly; remove from heat.
- Stir in broth and half-and-half. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly;
boil and stir 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in cheese; heat over low heat,
stirring constantly, just until cheese is melted.
- Remove bay leaf; sprinkle soup with parsley.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Great Britain Recipes