- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees F)
- 1/2 cup lukewarm milk (scalded, then cooled)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in medium-size bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients;
beat until smooth.
- Cover; let rise in warm place until double, 40 to 60 minutes.
- Grease griddle or heavy skillet and insides of 4 to 6 (3-inch) flan rings or
crumpet rings.* Place rings on griddle over medium heat until hot.
- Pour about 2
tablespoons batter into each ring. Cook until tops form bubbles and bottoms are
golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove rings; turn crumpets to brown other side, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter, greasing insides of rings each time.
- Serve with butter and jam or marmalade.
* 6 1/2-ounce tuna, minced clam or shrimp cans, tops and bottoms removed, can
be substituted for the flan rings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Great Britain Recipes