- Frozen flaky pastry
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup currants
- 2 tablespoons mixed candied peel, chopped
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of allspice
- 1 beaten egg white
- Sugar to sprinkle
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Stir sugar into melted butter.
- Add currants, peel, nutmeg and allspice.
- Roll out pastry very thinly and cut 6-inch rounds, using a saucer.
- Heap filling
in the middle of each round. (Makes about 8 to 10 cakes - divide the filling between
- Dampen the edges, draw up the pastry over the filling, pinch together, turn
over and flatten with rolling pin until a few currants just show through.
- Make 3 small cuts on top of each cake.
- Brush with egg white and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Great Britain Recipes