English Beef Steak Pie
- 1 pound boneless round steak, trimmed
- 6 to 8 russet potatoes, pealed and cubed
- 1 large onion, sliced and separated
- 1/2 cup flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1 pie crust (to cover top of pie)
- In a deep glass baking dish (either round or square, Corning or glass), layer
meat, potato and onion, sprinkling flour over each layer.
- Salt and pepper each layer.
- Pour water slowly over layers and top with rolled out crust.
- Roll edges of crust
under around the edge and flute to seal edges to pan. Vent with knife several times.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about one hour until water bubbles and gravy have formed.
Pierce with a cake tester through vents for doneness of potatoes.
- Serve with a green salad.