- 4 cups sifted flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter (no substitution)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon FRESH ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- About 1 cup molasses
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Mix the flour, sugar, ginger and salt together.
- Cut cold butter into the mixture with a pastry blender or work in with your fingertips.
- Add just enough molasses to hold the ingredients together without being sticky.
- Wrap the dough air-tight and chill overnight in the refrigerator.
- Roll dough very thin on a well-floured board and cut as desired or shape into "logs"
and slice into rounds.
- Bake on foil-lined, ungreased cookie sheets for about 8 minutes.
Makes about 5 dozen, 2-inch cookies.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Great Britain Recipes