English Plum Bread
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 envelopes active dry yeast
- 8 cups flour
- 4 ounces citron, sliced very thin
- 1 pound raisins, cut in half
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Scald milk and water and cool until warm.
- Add yeast, mixing to dissolve.
- Add flour to make dough stiff enough to knead.
- Cover; let rise until it doubles.
- Cut raisins and citron into dough with sugar. Let rise again.
- Mold into 2 mounds and put into bread pans. Let rise again.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until brown, then reduce heat and bake for about 1 hour.
Makes 2 large loaves.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Great Britain Recipes