English Rum Cake
- 1/2 pound candied pineapple
- 5 cups coarsely grated pecans
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup rum
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Chop fruit extra fine.
- Pour rum over and let set overnight.
- Beat eggs until thick.
- Add sugar and then fold in the flour.
- Add fruit mixture and nuts.
- Pour into greased tube pan.
- Put cake in a cold oven and set at 225 degrees F.
- Bake for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Let cake stand in pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool on rack.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Great Britain Recipes