English Tea Cake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 scant cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white raisins or currants
- 12 maraschino cherries
- 1 tablespoon cherry juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F. Grease and flour a small tube pan.
- Cream butter and sugar together; add eggs, beating thoroughly.
- Add vanilla extract
and cherry juice.
- Fold in cherries and raisins.
- Pour into a prepared pan and bake
1 1/4 hours or until done, using a wooden pick to test.