English Fish 'n Chips
Golden Dipt® Fish 'n Chips English Style Batter Mix is the perfect coating
for making great tasting deep fried fish. For an English-style treat, serve with
French fries, known as "chips" to the English.
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup McCormick® Fish 'n Chips Seafood Batter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 pounds cod* fillets
- McCormick® Original Tartar
Sauce for Seafood (optional)
- Lemon wedges
- Heat vegetable oil to 375 degrees F in heavy saucepan or deep fryer (use enough
oil for food to float but do not fill pan more than half full).
- Mix Batter Mix and water in medium bowl until smooth. (For a thinner batter,
add 1 to 2 tablespoons additional water.)
- Dip fish into batter. Shake off excess.
- Fry fish, a few pieces at a time, 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown, turning
once to brown evenly. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Serve with tartar sauce if desired.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 12 minutes | Makes 6 servings
Be Oceanwise: Pacific Cod and Alaska Pollock are smart choices.
Pacific Halibut, Striped Bass/Atlantic Rockfish, Tilapia (farmed)
Recipe and photograph courtesy of McCormick.