Garden Apple Ice Cream
Serve this with thin wafer cookies.
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 2 cups chilled whipping cream
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) frozen apple juice concentrate,
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon rose water
- 3 to 4 drops red food color (optional)
- Mix egg yolks, sugar, milk and salt in saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring
constantly, just until bubbles appear around edge.
- Pour into chilled bowl; cover
and refrigerate until room temperature 1 to 2 hours.
- Stir remaining ingredients into milk mixture. Pour into freezer can; put dasher
in place. Cover and adjust crank.
- Place can in freezer tub. Fill freezer tub 1/3
full of ice; add remaining ice alternately with layers of rock salt (6 parts ice
to 1 part rock salt). Turn crank until it turns with difficulty.
- Drain water from
- Remove lid; remove dasher.
- Pack mixture down; replace lid.
- Repack in
ice and salt.
- Let stand for several hours to ripen.
Yields 8 servings.