Sip the hot coffee/whiskey mixture through the cream so that you get a mustache
of cream around your lips as you drink. Irish or Gaelic coffee is served in restaurants
and homes throughout England.
- 4 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Irish whiskey (Jamison or Paddy's)
- 3 1/2 cups coffee, freshly brewed and hot
- 8 ounces heavy cream, chilled and slightly whipped to pouring consistency
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In each of 4 stem wine glasses, warmed slightly, place a teaspoon of sugar, then
stir in 2 tablespoons of whiskey.
- Stir in the coffee, leaving 1/2 inch clear at the top. Stir each glassful so that the sugar gets dissolved.
- Position the cup of a teaspoon so that it is just below the surface of the coffee mixture.
- Pour on the cream so that the flow hits the spoon. The spoon will help to disperse the cream
so that 1/2 inch of cream will rest on the top.
- Serve immediately.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Great Britain Recipes