- 2 large eggplants
- 5 cups spaghetti sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Olive oil (extra virgin or pure)
- Coarse salt
- Slice eggplant in to 1/4 inch rounds and sprinkle generously with salt. Line
2 (or more if you have them ) colanders with the eggplant and let it sit for 1 hour
to drain any bitter juices. Pat eggplant dry.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and brown eggplant lightly on
both sides, adding more oil if skillet gets dry. Drain eggplant on paper towel.
- In a 2-quart casserole, spread enough spaghetti sauce to cover bottom and make
layers of eggplant, sauce and mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese, in that order
(repeat layers until you end up with with a full dish and spaghetti sauce on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Serves 6 to 8.
Posted by artsycook at recipegoldmine.com.
Source: Recipe by Lisa Stapor