Zucchini Omelet (Frittata di Zucchine)
A variety of vegetables may be used in place of zucchini.
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- 3 tablespoons soft bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- All-purpose flour
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Beat eggs, water, parsley, bread crumbs, salt and garlic.
- Heat oil in 8-inch broiler-proof skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Coat zucchini with flour; cook until golden, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Pour egg mixture over zucchini. Cook until eggs are thickened throughout but still moist, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Gently lift edge with fork so that uncooked portion can flow to bottom. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Set oven to broil or 550 degrees F.
- Broil omelet with top 5 inches from heat until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Loosen edge with spatula; slip omelet, cheese side up, onto serving plate.
Yields 3 servings.