Beef Bulgogi and Kimchi and Egg Fried Rice
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups steamed rice (cooled)
- 1 cup chopped kimchi
- 1/4 cup kimchi juice
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 pounds thinly sliced steak
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Sriracha (to taste)
- Marinate steak in a large bowl with soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, green onion whites and Sriracha. Toss to coat and allow the steak to marinate for 45 minutes.
- Heat oil in a skillet and Add chopped kimchi. Sauté for one minute and add rice, kimchi juice and water. Continue to cook over medium high heat until rice begins to crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Move the rice to one side of the pan and add the eggs, mixing with a spatula until they begin to cook. Stir all ingredients together and remove from heat.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add steak to the skillet and allow to sear on one side before using the tongs to move them around and caramelize on all sides. Once the juices have evaporated and the steak has a nice brown color, remove from the pan. Sprinkle with the reserved green onion tops and sesame seeds.
- Serve cooked steak over a bed of fried rice and enjoy!
Cook the rice while the steak marinates to save time and use leftover rice to make this an easy weeknight dinner.
Kick up the spice by adding Korean chile peppers at the same time as the rice.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, iron, choline and a good source of folate and potassium.