Mediterranean Olive Toss
All the flavors of the Mediterranean come together in a tasty medley. A sun-kissed
marriage of tomatoes, garbanzo beans, capers, garlic, herbs and balsamic vinegar…don’t
forget the feta!
- 1 (5.75 ounce) jar Lindsay® Pimiento Stuffed Spanish Manzanilla Olives, drained,
coarsely chopped *
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red bell pepper, stemmed,
seeded, and diced
- 1/2 red onion, peeled, and diced
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans,
drained and rinsed (about 5 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 tablespoons
balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 ounces feta
cheese, coarsely crumbled
* OR 1 (4.5 ounce) jar Lindsay® Garlic Stuffed Queen Olives OR 1 (6 ounce) jar
Lindsay® Greek Kalamata Pitted Olives
- In a medium bowl combine the olives, tomatoes, peppers, onions, garbanzo beans
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil and garlic. Add to olive
mixture with basil and oregano; mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the feta and very gently toss together.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 10 servings; approximately 5 cups
The Lindsay Olive Toss can be made in advance and will keep for 7 days in your
Nutrients Per Serving: Serving size: 1/2 cup Calories: 147 Calories from
fat: 99 Total fat: 11g Monounsaturated fat: 6g Cholesterol: 10mg Sodium: 588mg Total
Carbohydrates: 8g Dietary fiber: 2g Protein: 4g
Recipe by Joanne Weir, award-winning author and chef.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Lindsay Olives (Bell-Carter Foods, Inc.).