This is a delightful fall and winter recipe straight from Mexico!
- 3 Golden Delicious apples (or any variety of your choice)
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 small can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 ounces rum, brandy, hard cider (or regular apple cider for non-alcoholic)
- Vanilla ice cream
- Frappe: Wash, peel, core and cut the apples into quarters.
- Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend with enough ice cream for desired
- Pour into apple cups, garnish with maraschino cherries (optional) and serve immediately.
- Apple Cups: Cut the tops off of 4 large apples. Hollow out the inside, leaving
a 1/2 inch thick shell. Brush the inside with lemon juice to prevent browning. Pour
frappe inside and serve immediately.
Recipe and photo credit: Washington Apple Commission