- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 heaping cup shortening or lard
- 2 cups warm water, or more
- Sift flour and salt. Mix in bowl with lard or shortening and add water gradually.
Knead well to make a smooth dough. Let it stand for 20 minutes in an oiled plastic
- Make into small 2-inch balls and roll with a rolling pin on a floured board into
a round disk.
- Cook on a hot, dry flat cast iron skillet, turning over once or until cooked
on both sides to your liking.
Makes about 2 1/2 dozen, approximately 9 inches in diameter.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Mexican Recipes