- 2 onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons lard
- 3 cups cooked pinto beans
- 6 slices bacon, minced
- 1 slice ham, diced (optional)
- 1/2 cup chorizo or hot Italian sausage
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 6 serrano chiles, minced, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon comino (cumin)
- Salt, to taste
- Add onions and lard to pinto beans and cook over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring
- In another skillet, fry bacon, ham (if using) and chorizo. Add to beans with
tomatoes, chiles and spices. Heat thoroughly.
Makes 5 to 6 cups.