Panquecitos de Camaron
(Shrimp Tamale Muffins)
- 6 cups corn flour for tamales
- 6 cups water
- 2 cubes shrimp bouillon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 ounces ground shrimp
- 1 cup corn oil
- 60 large shrimp, plus 30 shrimp for garnish (optional), cooked
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease three 12-cup (4-inch) muffin pans and set aside.
- Dissolve shrimp bouillon in water.
- With an electric mixer beat corn flour, salt, baking powder and ground
shrimp with dissolved bouillon mixture and oil. Mix until thoroughly
- Spoon mixture into muffin cups until half full.
- Place two shrimp into each cup and fill with the remaining mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until set.
Makes about 30 tamale muffins.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Mexican Recipes