Panquecitos de Camaron
(Shrimp Tamale Muffins)
- 6 cups corn flour for tamales
- 6 cups water
- 2 cubes shrimp bouillon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 ounces ground shrimp
- 1 cup corn oil
- 60 large shrimp, plus 30 shrimp for garnish (optional), cooked
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease three 12-cup (4-inch) muffin pans and set aside.
- Dissolve shrimp bouillon in water.
- With an electric mixer beat corn flour, salt, baking powder and ground shrimp with dissolved bouillon mixture and oil. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cups until half full.
- Place two shrimp into each cup and fill with the remaining mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until set.
Makes about 30 tamale muffins.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.