Polvorones de Canele (Cinnamon Cookies)
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets.
- In a medium bowl, cream together 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar and butter
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture
to form a stiff dough.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Mix together 1 cup confectioners'
sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon; roll balls in cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until nicely browned.
- Cool cookies on wire racks.