- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup lard
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 large orange
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups finely ground almonds
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet.
- In bowl, beat the butter, lard and sugar to a smooth light cream. Add the egg
yolks separately, beating well after each.
- Very finely grate the orange peel and add the batter with the juice of the orange,
then fold in the flour and the almonds. The dough should be quite crumbly.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough 3/4 inch thick. Cut out 1 1/4 inch circles.
Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes, until cooked but still
golden. They will still feel soft but will grow firm as they cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
Yield: about 36
Nutrition Facts per Serving: Calories: 132 Fat: 9g Carbohydrates: 10g Cholesterol:
21mg Sodium: 1mg Protein: 2g Fiber: 1g % Cal from Fat: 61% % Cal from Carbs: 30%