Shrimp Tacos with Cabbage
- 1 pound cooked shrimp, shelled, deveined and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons TABASCO brand Green Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped pimento stuffed green olives
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 pound cabbage, cored and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup crema Mexicana (Mexican-style sour cream)*
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 corn tortillas
- In medium bowl, combine shrimp, onion and 2 teaspoons TABASCO® Green Pepper Sauce,
olives and tomato. Toss to mix well.
- In separate bowl, combine cabbage, crema Mexicana, cilantro, remaining 2 teaspoons
TABASCO® Green Pepper Sauce and salt. Gently toss to mix well.
- To serve, place small amount of shrimp mixture in center of each tortilla; top
with 2 tablespoons prepared cabbage. Fold tortilla over filling to form taco. Repeat
with remaining tortillas.
- Serve immediately.
* Sour cream mixed with 2 tablespoons milk or cream may be substituted for crema
Makes 6 servings.