Beef with Leeks (Karne con Kutsay)
- 1 pound beef tenderloin, cut in 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup kutsay or leeks, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Cut tenderloin with egg white, then with cornstarch. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Deep fry in oil and drain. Leave 3 tablespoons of oil in pan. Add soy sauce,
water, red pepper, leeks and meat. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add sesame oil before serving.