Beef Stew (Karne Asada)
- 2 pounds beef sirloin, cut into 3-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon Maggi sauce or soy sauce
- Patis or salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 large potatoes, sliced in rounds
- 2 large onions, sliced in rings
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Marinate the sirloin cubes in lemon juice, soy sauce, cornstarch, Maggi, patis
or salt and pepper for 30 minutes.
- Over a low flame, simmer the marinade and
the sirloin for 1 hour.
- In a skillet, fry potatoes and onion rings in oil separately.
- Arrange beef on
a platter with potatoes and onion rings on top.