Boiled Rice Cakes (Palitao)
- 2 cups sweet rice powder (sold in Oriental food stores)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup granulated sugar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Combine the sweet rice powder and 1/2 cup water and blend well.
- Boil 1 1/2 quarts water in saucepan.
- Form the mixture into small balls, flatten,
and drop into boiling water. When dough floats, remove from water and roll balls
in grated coconut.
- Spread sesame seeds on cookie sheet and toast at 350 degrees F until brown.
- Mix seeds with sugar and sprinkle on top of palitao.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Philippine Recipes