Coconut Noodles (Pancit Butong)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or corn oil
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
cup sliced onion
- 1/3 cup sliced tomatoes
- 1 cup tofu (bean curd), fried and
cut into 1 x 2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups
- 1 cup dried mushrooms, soaked for 30 minutes and cut into strips
- 3 young coconuts, meat cut into strips
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 3 sprigs parsley
- In a medium pot, heat oil and sauté garlic until light brown, onion until transparent
and tomatoes until soft.
- Add fried tofu or bean curd, soy sauce and salt.
- Add chicken
stock and mushrooms. Cover and simmer over moderate heat for 10 minutes.
- Add coconut.
Cook until tender.
- Add green and red pepper and parsley.
- Serve hot.