Filipino Egg Pie
- 6 large eggs yolks
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup warm evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat 6 large egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, warm evaporated milk, nutmeg, vanilla extract and salt until mixed well.
- Whip egg whites in a separate bowl until they form stiff peaks.
- Add the whipped egg white to the milk mixture slowly until well incorporated. Pour into pie shell and bake for 45 to 50 minutes until the center is set.
- Let pie cool completely before serving.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
American Egg Board
Recipe created in partnership with @thetastebud