Filipino-Style Beef Stew
This Filipino-Style Beef Stew is a delicious and hearty variation of traditional
beef stew, but enhanced with Asian flavors.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless beef stew meat
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Cooking Soy Sauce
- 1/2 to 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Chili Sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- Hot cooked rice
- Place beef, onions, tomatoes, soy sauce, water, chili sauce and bay leaf in large
saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover;
cook for 40 minutes.
- Add bell peppers, carrots and potatoes; cover. Cook for an additional 15 to 20
minutes or until sauce has thickened and beef is fork tender.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 60 min | Servings: 6
Nutrition Facts - Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe - Servings Per Recipe: 6 Calories:
460 Calories from Fat: 180 Total Fat: 20g (30% of DV) Saturated Fat: 8g (39% of
DV) Cholesterol: 80mg (26% of DV) Sodium: 1450mg (61% of DV) Carbohydrates: 45g
(15% of DV) Dietary Fiber: 3g (13% of DV) Sugars: 8g Protein: 26g Vitamin A: 60%
of DV Vitamin C: 70% of DV Calcium: 4% of DV Iron: 25% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Nestlé® and meals.com