Guinatang Halo Halo
- 2 sweet potatoes (yam/camote)
- 4 taro root (gabi)
- 2 cooking bananas (saba)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 can coconut milk or 1 bag frozen coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 cup sweet rice powder
- 1/4 cup jack fruit (langka)
- 4 cups
- Place coconut milk in a pot together with the water.
- Add sugar and let it simmer.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and taro root and cut into cubes.
- Peel bananas and cut into
- Add the taro root, the sweet potatoes and cook until half done.
- Add the bananas
- In a small cup, mix 3 tablespoons water with the sweet rice powder and form into
a ball the size of hazel nuts and drop into mixture.
- Add the tapioca powder
and continue cooking until done.
- Serve hot or warm.
If you want it to have a purplish color liquid, add purple yam.